Intern - Project Assistance
The EU SME Centre (the Centre) is a project funded by the European Union, with aim to help EU small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) that prepare to do business in China by providing them with a range of information, advice, training and support services. Established in October 2010, the Centre has entered its second phase which will run until July 2018.
The Centre is implemented by a consortium of six partners - the China-Britain Business Council, the Benelux Chamber of Commerce, the China-Italy Chamber of Commerce, and the French Chamber of Commerce in China, the EUROCHAMBRES, and the European Union Chamber of Commerce in China.
The Centre is now looking for a bright individual taking the role of Intern – Project assistance to join the team in Beijing.
Description of responsibilities:
- Support to promote the EU SME Centre among the project’s stakeholders, through day-to-day administration, such as greeting guests, setting up meeting rooms for various events, helping hot desks;
- Support with outreach activities in collaboration with Enterprise Europe Network partners http://www.eupic.org.cn/ ;
- Assistance with updating website content;
- Liaison with local service providers;
- Logistics supports such as booking travel and accommodation for Centre staff and experts;
- Assistance to our in-house teams on research, data input and analysis, as well as reporting and statistics, such as database;
- Assistance with expertise researching on legal, market access and business development and draft replies;
- Translation, editing such as contract, documentations;
- Others required by the operation of the Project
Requirements and qualifications:
- Enthusiastic to work with European stakeholders to promote the EU SME Centre and a client-focused attitude towards people;
- Excellent organisation, analytical and communications skills;
- Strong IT skills, with an excellent knowledge on how to use Excel, Word and PowerPoint - Interest and experience in digital marketing and social media would be a plus;
- University graduate, marketing and business background is preferable;
- Working language will be English - proficiency (spoken and written) in other languages would be an advantage;
- Candidates of any nationality are welcome to apply for this position - excellent Chinese language skills would be preferable;
- Candidates outside of mainland of China only with a valid residence permit/visa will be considered.
Duration of the internship: 6 months.
Interested candidates can send their CV and cover letter to:
For further information about the EU SME Centre, visit www.eusmecentre.org.cn
Other Job Opportunities
- Director, DIT Relations
- Director of Trade & Investment Policy and Research
- PA/Executive Assistant, Shanghai
- Marketing and Communications Manager
- Director, Healthcare and Lifesciences Sector
- Director, Education Sector
- Call for Experts for Project based work - Training, Research and Advice
- EU SME Centre - Legal Expert